As summer approaches it’s time to consider how to best maintain your summer roof. Summer offers many opportunities when it comes to roof maintenance. If you are unsure of where to begin, call professionals in roofing and siding in Willow Grove.
Why Is Summer Roof Maintenance Important?
Summer offers unique challenges and opportunities for your roof. Extreme weather conditions, such as heat, humidity, heavy winds and thunderstorms can be hard on your roof. Taking the time to perform summer roof maintenance before the summer begins can save you problems in the future.
What Should Be Done To Prepare Your Roof for the Summer?
Sumer roof maintenance is fairly simple, although you may want to consult professionals in roofing and siding in Willow Grove to assist you. Here is a simple summer roof maintenance checklist:
- Inspect your roof—from the ground, do a thorough visual inspection, looking for things like lifted, damaged or missing shingles; any debris that may have collected; fungal or moss growth and any other roof damage. Binoculars may be useful for this visual inspection.
- Check under the eves—debris may have accumulated here. This is often a spot where insects like to build their nests, so proceed with caution.
- Check for loose gutters—winter storms may have loosened your gutters. Tighten any bolts and be sure that all gutters are diverting water away from your home.
- Clean out gutters—much debris may have accumulated in your gutters during the spring. Clean them out by hand, wearing appropriate work gloves. Check that your gutters are unobstructed by using a hose to run water through the gutters.
- Inspect your flashing—perform a visual inspection of your flashing. Flashing includes the metal strips around any roof protrusion, your chimney, vents and any skylights.
Performing simple summer roof maintenance before the season begins is just good sense. If you are at all unable to perform these tasks or are simply unsure, call your roofing and siding of Willow Grove professionals.
Summer Roof Maintenance Tips
If you are looking for a roofing company near Southampton, C&C Family Roofing is ready to help you with your needs. Our President and owner, Gary Selleck, has been in the roofing business for over 40 years. When he started his own business many years ago, he wanted to make sure he paid tribute to his family Cole and Chelsey, which is why he named his company C&C Family Roofing. With every customer C&C Family Roofing treats you like family. We offer the best service with affordable pricing and warranties to ensure our workmanship.
At C&C Family roofing, we are always upfront and honest about the work that we do. If you have a leaky roof and it only needs to be patched we will tell you. If your roof doesn’t need more work than is necessary then we will tell you. Sometimes leaks may not even come from the roof. Sometimes it can come from damaged siding or plumbing. C&C roofing experts always lookout for these types of situations as well, to ensure your money isn’t wasted and the root problem is fixed. Our goal is always 100% customer satisfaction. C&C Roofing is the GAF Master Elite Roofing Company near Southampton that you have been searching for. We are THE premier roofers serving Montgomery County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Berks County, Lehigh County, New Jersey and Philadelphia!